takes 45 mins
2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
2 yellow peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 aubergine, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
200gm/7oz filo pastry
100gm/3 1/2 oz butter, melted
2 x 125gm packets of mozzarella, torn
small bunch basil, torn
crisp salad and new potatoes, to serve
1. preheat the oven to gas mark 5/200 degrees c/400 degrees F.
2. combine the peppers adn aubergine with the oil and season well. Cook under a preheated grill for 10 mins or until softened and lightly charred.
3. place a sheet of filo pastry on greaseproof paper and brush with butter. Arrange three sheets of pastry on top, overlaping, creating a retangle 40x30cm/16x12inch
4. brush with butter and top with another layer of filo pastry. Place the aubergine slices down the centre of the filo and layer up with the peppers and mozzarella, finishing with the basil.
5. fold the ends of the filo over the vegetables. Using greaseproof paper, roll the filo up. Put on a baking sheet, brush with more butter and season weill. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.
6. serve with a crisp salad and new pots