Deep fried tofu
vegetable oil, for deep-frying
110g/4oz fresh white breadcrumbs
pinch chilli flakes
55g/2oz plain flour
2 eggs, whisked
1. Third fill a large pan with vegetable oil and heat.
2. Cut the tofu into large chunks and season the breadcrumbs with salt and stir in the chilli flakes.
3. Plate the flour, whisked eggs and breadcrumbs onto separate plates and coat the tofu chunks in the flour, then egg, and finish with the breadcrumbs.
4. Deep-fry the tofu for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Serve with a nice garlic or chilli dip