Vegetarian Recipes Forum : In the UK needing help for American vegetarian friend
Website home
Recipes home
Forum home
Forum Login
Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1207 -- Replies: 2
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: In the UK needing help for American vegetarian friend
22-07-2009
by koneko
I have a friend coming to stay with me for a little while from America. she's vegetarian, and that's not a problem, but I know that the food portions differ greatly here in the UK to there in the USA.

I don't want to cook too much or too little when cooking for her, but I don't want to have to compete with the sizes she is used to.

Can anyone give me any advice on how much I should be looking to cook/buy? Sorry if this question sounds a little stupid, but I don't want to let her down!
28-07-2009
by vee
Hi, it might be best to ask her directly, but in a nice way! If she is a friend she won't mind anyway. It is never easy when you have visitors but if you talk to her then it could avoid having to deal with the problem when she arrives. Hope all goes well.
30-07-2009
by Lily Lee
Hello Koneko

How nice that you care so much about your friends visit. I have travelled many times in the US and generally the veggie places that I visited did not offer huge portions. Perhaps you could suggest cooking together and ask her to show you a few recipes. I am sure she'd be delighted to share with you. It would be a win/win situation. Have a lovely time!

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat