Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1524 -- Replies: 5
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Food is really boring at the moment
18-01-2009
by SunshineLollipops
Hi, my name is Meg, I'm fifteen, and I've been vegan for 6 months now. I'm finding food really boring because I've no new ideas. Does anyone have any recipes I could try?
19-01-2009
by Stephen
There are some great vegan blogs with brilliant recipes - like veganlunchbox.blogspot.com, or go to vegblogs for a whole list of them. There are some on my site too (shameless plug!) http://eatthinkandbemerry.wordpress.com
Happy cooking. And eating.
04-02-2009
by Lewis
I made a Quorn tikka the other day, just buy a pot of tikka sauce from supermarket, bung it in with the quorn pieces, heat up and eat. Dunno if its vegan friendly but worth checking the pot maybe? Adding a sauce to anything can drastically improve the flavor, I know what you mean by it getting boring.
04-02-2009
by Leigh
Hi Meg
well done on being a vegan....I'm not much cop at recipes, but have you tried the following.....
roast a selection of veg in the oven with some oil (carrots, turnip, butternut squash, potatoes, peppers, aubergine, parsnips, onions, garlic etc...use a couple of these together) then when they're done, serve with some houmous for protein, mixed beans, lentil pate etc....and/ or pour over a home made tomato suace and serve with pasta or couscous. you need to make sure you have protein with each meal, so even some veggie bacon/ sausage would do if you're fed up with beans?
Salsa and guacamole are nice to dip with raw veggies too.....
hope that helps?

Leighxx
08-02-2009
by swollen pumpkin
try a beefburger.... they're really tasty! Only joking darling but just go nuts with the vegan curries... you can't go wrong. Chickpeas, courgettes and five spice vibe. Peace x
13-08-2009
by RiainW
I have a few recipes I'd be happy to give, but here's a few vegan ones that may take your fancy.

Vegan lasagne
Hummus
Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce
Chocolate Orange Sponge Cake
Banana Muffins

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat