Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1527 -- Replies: 4
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Getting fit/training on a vegetarian diet
22-11-2008
by chocolate_synthesizer
Hi, just joined up!

I've been a vegetarian for a little over a year now and have a decent level of fitness. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on nutrition/supplements for someone trying to improve their fitness levels.

My typical daily diet would consist of -

Breakfast- 40g of porridge oats with 250ml of milk, handfull of raisins.

Lunch- 3 scrambled eggs

Dinner- Pasta, creme fraiche, 50g chedder

and a banana if i need something before bed.

The above is what i had today.

What am i missing out on? What should i eat more/less of?

Any tips would be much appreciated

16-12-2008
by lgreen35
hello all,
Welcome, first of all.

It sounds quite good to me, but how do you sleep after eating a banana so late in the day? All that sugar would keep me awake or wake me later in the night.

You may be better off to try something more alkaline too, like an apple for instance.

for a clean life.... http://www.allergycontrol.com/allergycontrolproducts/tabid/58/c-331-air-cleaners.aspx air cleaner
16-12-2008
by lgreen35
hello all,
Welcome, first of all.

It sounds quite good to me, but how do you sleep after eating a banana so late in the day? All that sugar would keep me awake or wake me later in the night.

You may be better off to try something more alkaline too, like an apple for instance.

for a clean life...air cleaner
05-01-2009
by shell4429
Hi I'm new here and I was just wondering how many people, like chocolate_synthesizer, consider eggs to be vegetarian food? I certainly don't.
23-05-2009
by hey_you_guys
nigger, since when was an egg a vegetable? you no more vegetarian than a *** street dog.

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat