Sourcing Vegetarian Foods Forum : Natural treatment for Alcoholism with vitamins and supplements
Website home
Recipes home
Forum home
Forum Login
Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1583 -- Replies: 1
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Natural treatment for Alcoholism with vitamins and supplements
17-09-2008
by jessiejiang
Hi ,as I know, taking Vitamin C , Vitamin E , Magnesium , Vitamin A , Zinc , Milk Thistle Extract , L-Carnitine , L-Glutamine , 5-HTP , is good for Alcoholism , take a look at this.

Ingredients that work:
The powerful antioxidants Vitamin C and Vitamin E inhibit free-radical damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption, they are therefore integral to the treatment of Alcoholsim. Alcohol promotes the excretion of essential nutrients, including Magnesium and Vitamin A. Zinc is one of the key nutrients involved in the breakdown of alcohol. All active alcoholics display signs of injury to the liver. Milk Thistle Extract is thought to be important in the treatment of Alcoholism as it helps maintain healthy liver function. L-Carnitine may inhibit the alcohol-induced condition, fatty liver. Lactobacillus acidophilus helps correct gut flora ratios that may be altered by alcohol consumption. L-Glutamine supplementation (1 gram per day) has been shown to reduce voluntary alcohol consumption. Alcohol consumption often results in reactive hypoglycemia, which aggravates mental and emotional problems. Consequently 5-HTP is included in the treatment of Alcoholism as it is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin.

Also try googling custom made with vitamins and supplements forAlcoholism , find a personalized health solution for yourself, and live healthier and happier.
08-10-2008
by Smith
I am a firm believer in natural treatment, especially after I went through the link

http://www.home-living-news.co.uk/

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat