Vegetarian Nutrition Forum : Lacking Vitamins!
Website home
Recipes home
Forum home
Forum Login
Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1955 -- Replies: 4
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Lacking Vitamins!
29-07-2008
by vivlablonde
I just turned 23 and I've just successfully finished seven months of being vegetarian, but in the last month or so, I've noticed a HUGE decrease in my energy levels. I've also been suffering with a summer cold that I can't seem to shake. I've always been so healthy and can usually recover from a cold in a few days, but it's been more than a few weeks this time!! Has anyone else gone through this? Do I need to get different vitamins? I'm taking multivitamins everyday but I don't know if I should be taking something else? Cleary it's not working...is this normal for vegetarians?
18-08-2008
by PatR
Hi.
We went from being meater eaters to veggies, and have been healthier now than ever before, Im lucky though I do have the time to cook and spend a lot of time reading up on recipes, we dont take any extra vits either, if you are making sure your protein and carbs levels are good, that is mixing plenty of seeds nuts cereals etc with carbs and pulses, coupled with dairy(which we eat) you should be fine, check what 'additives' and chemicals you are taking into your body which could be assualting your immune system and lowering you energy levels.
28-08-2008
by catwoman
There are many different possible causes - the most likely being too many white carbs such as white bread, white pasta, white rice, fruit juice and not enough protein and essential fats.

Visit a certified nutritionist to find out whats best for you personally and check in case there is something more sinister going on than just a coincidental change in diet
06-10-2008
by GreenAlice
If you've recently quit meat, then perhaps your body is adapting to the dietary shift? You are removing things it's used to after all.

If you are suffering from lethargy, I'd have a go at one of those hebal iron tonics like Floradix. A good quality one that absorbs easily. Look at the label.

Personally I've found an ocassional supplement like this has given me a boost when I've been low. You can get a bottle from your local healthfood shop.

Some Vit C and Zinc is always good at this time of year too, and maybe some Ginseng?

I'm not a nutritionist of any kind by the way! This is just stuff I've used and found helpful myself.
16-10-2008
by Lei
Vitamins are the only medium of strength in the body so if you are taking vitamin diet then its the best to have

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat