Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1612 -- Replies: 4
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: How can I tell if a product is sut
31-01-2008
by has981
hello there guys, I bought a 6 pack summer fruit yogurts and when I got back home, I checked the box all around but couldn't find a "sutable for vegetarians" any where... it does say that it is fat free and suitable for gluten free diet.
31-01-2008
by has981
Sorry guys but here is the rest of the topic... my fingure hit enter by mistake and it got posted right away and i couldn't edit it.. sorry.

The topic should have been:
How can I tell if a product is suitable for vegetarians or not...

the ingredients of the product is:
Peach (10%), Fructose-Glucose Syrup, Gelatine, Apple Juice From Concenrate, Modified Maize Starch, Acidity Regulatro: Citric Acid; Flavourings, Stabilisers: Pectin, Guar Gum; Sweetener: Aspartame; Preservative: Potassium Sorbate.

I was also wondering if its leagal to post the name of the product.. thats why I've avoid doing so so far.

Any advice will be hugely helpful.
Many thanks.
10-02-2008
by sam
Hi
Well, just looking at the ingredients I can see Gelatine in the list and that is probably why you will not find a "suitable for vegetarians" label on it.
Hope this helps
13-02-2008
by Katey123
the word gelatine is the biggest give away that its not suitable for vegetarians.

19-02-2008
by Chewthecud.co.uk
Stay away from it its not veggie. If you want a good veggie yogurt recipe check out

http://www.chewthecud.co.uk/SeedyBreakfastInBed.html

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat