Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1670 -- Replies: 3
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Hair loss?
03-12-2007
by Skildpladen
I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo), and my mother was a vegetarian at my age. She told me that it was about that time that her hair started to get thinner, and her hair is really thin now.
I really don't want that to happen to me... Does any of you know if this is a common thing that happens to vegetarians and what vitamins to get to prevent it? I read somewhere that lack of zink can cause hair loss. Do you think that could be it? I've only been vegetarian for a month, so I don't see any changes in my hair yet.
04-12-2007
by hsinaps
Hi Skildpladen - I have only heard of hear falling out other than for medical reasons when someone is on a very extreme diet. As long as you a very good varied diet that is full of the nutrients that your body needs then I don't see a problem. I haven't had it happen to me. I don't know what anybody else thinks.
04-12-2007
by hsinaps
slight spelling mistake, I meant to type "hair" not "hear"!!! sure you knew what I meant!!!
21-01-2008
by rock cottage
Please go to your doctor for a check-up to be on the safe side as I doubt a vegetarian diet will cause your hair to fall out. It could also be genetic. My hair went grey at age 30, my dad was the same age when he went grey.

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat