Website home
Recipes home
Forum home
Forum Login
Contact us

Viewed: 1680 -- Replies: 5
Posted FORUM TOPIC: vegetarian hot dog
by Jane
I have found that TIVILI hot dog sausages are great and found in health food shops. I add onions and sauce.
by yanton
are they tinned or in a chilled pack?
by sammy
can you let us know what the nutrient breakdown is, and the additives, thanks.

what is themain vegetarian constituent? soya?
by Jane
reply to yanton - they are in the frozen section of the shops.

reply to sammy - not sure yet but next time I buy them I will post the details on.
by bubs
one thing that I have found really nice to do is make up some sosmix and put it into puff pastry and make little sausage rolls - they disappear from the table very fast!
by Jane
sammy - the nutrution information is as follows per 100gm

energy 1021kj/224 kcal
protein 18.0g
carbohydrates 7.0g
of which sugars 2.6g
starch 2.8g
fat 16.0g
of which saturates 1.8g
monounsaturates 4.6g
polyunsaturates 9.6g
cholesterol 0mg
fibre 1.5g
sodium 0.8g

The ingredients are as follows
Rehydrated soya and wheat proteins (57%) (contains gluten), vegetable oil, water, egg white powder, dextrose, salt, flavourings, modified potato starch, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, spices, stabilizers (carrageenan, guar gum, xanthan gum), yeast, maltodextrin, colour(iron oxide), calcium phosphate, vitamin C, vitamin B3 (niacin), zinc oxide, ferric diphosphate, vitamin E, vitamn B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B1 (thiamin), folic acid, vitamn B12. The product may contain traces of peanuts and sesame.

Hope this helps

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat