Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1855 -- Replies: 8
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Rice Milk
14-08-2006
by Beany
Can anyone tell me what they think of Rice Milk if they have tried it? I normally drink soya - I don't know if the taste is simular?
14-08-2006
by highlighter
I drink it to have a change from soya every now and then. It is a lot thinner than soya milk and I don't think it actually tastes too bad (I prefer soya milk though).
14-08-2006
by sue
I have heard of Almond milk but have never tried this - is it nice? and where would I get it from to try it?
14-08-2006
by Chris
One of my house mates used to make almond milk, but i never tried it so can't tell you what it is like, a recepie can be found here however: http://thefoody.com/hsoup/almondmilk.html
17-08-2006
by Elle
I am not a big fan of rice milk, mainly because it is so thin and I prefer soya. I haven't tried almond milk but apparently it has quite a sweet flavour.
18-08-2006
by caleb
Just a warning if you are using soya milk in tea and coffee (if you can cope with the taste!) that if it goes in when the coffee has just been made, it splits and looks horrible so just add a drop of cold water before you put it in and it should solve the problem.
25-12-2007
by soy4breakfast
Rice milk doesn't have as much nutritional value as soy milk. I know this because after my son turned one I talked to my doctor who advised soy milk over rice (as well as feeding my son avacado for the fat content he would be lacking from whole milk).
15-03-2008
by BarelYThere
I like rice milk, but quite happy with Alpro soya, so usually just buy the odd small carton of it.
18-01-2009
by SunshineLollipops
I like rice milk for drinking, but it's useless for cooking because it makes everything sweet.

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat