Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1749 -- Replies: 4
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Low in Iron
28-03-2006
by gogirlveggie
I have a problem with my iron levels being low and it doesn't seem to matter what I do. I have been recommended to go back on a meat diet but I really don't want that to happen. Any recommendations on what I can eat so that it boosts them up?
29-03-2006
by Andy
Have you tried taking Floradix? I get mine from Holland and Barrett. It is natural and it really boosts iron levels. The way I heard about it was a friend was going into hospital for an operation and had a low blood count and was recommended to take it for several weeks before he went in and it really did work. It is well worth giving it a go.
03-04-2006
by sweetpea
you can obtain iron from vegetables, such as, beans, spinach, dried fruits, whole grains and lots of cereals are fortified with iron. Vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron. It is important to get a balance of different foods.
06-04-2006
by lauren
I agree that Floradix is excellent for low iron levels - it does taste like you are eating a lump of metal but it is all natural and good for you!!!
27-11-2006
by letty brown
Sunflower seeds used to do the trick for me - about a desert spoonful a day. I used to get pains when having periods - but after eating the seeds, things got soooo much better. Good luck

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat