Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 1776 -- Replies: 8
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: Fish
21-03-2006
by Krizzy
Do many people have the same problem as me and that is when I go out for a meal and I state that I am vegetarian then they point out what fish options they have? It really annoys me. If people eat fish then they are not really vegetarian. I get the same when I am invited out to friends for a meal. I don't class my self as vegan even though I don't eat most dairy products. What is going on?
21-03-2006
by Vee
I seem to remember a famous chef when asked what you can give to a vegetarian to make sure they get the needed vitamins and minerals said that you can feed them with fish as most vegetarians eat it. I know that there were alot of unhappy veggies out there!
06-09-2006
by Hannah
I know- people accept I am a vegetarian and then seem surprised that I don't eat fish- it's stupid! So called 'semi-vegetarians' are not real veggies. Anyway, why would someone give up some animals and not all of them? The only reason I can think of is that the land animals appear more fluffy and cute. How shallow.
25-01-2007
by Angel
You state that you are a vegetarian, they point out fish options and you explain that vegetarians don't eat fish.

Why is this a problem?
25-12-2007
by soy4breakfast
LOL!

I have been served fish on several occations because people think that a vegetarian eats fish. Too funny.

People won't know unless they are educated (not preached at) and I try and keep a smile on my face when I explain I don't eat anything with a face I am happy when people just try.
10-01-2008
by kala
must admit that although being a vegetarian i do enjoy some fish on occasion.
10-03-2008
by BarelYThere
Isn't this a pescatorian - or a word spelt in a very similar way to this. It might be something to do with that fact that a number of celebrities not long ago thought it was kind of trendy to say they were vegetarian 'but I eat fish', which meant then that all vegetarians of course ate fish. For me, a vege, is plant matter only (you can throw in milk and cheese) and no flesh food whatsoever.
23-04-2009
by snookes
Sorry kala you are not vegetarian if you eat fish at all
08-07-2009
by davinamini
You are indeed correct - pescatarian is the correct term for someone who doesn't eat meat but eats fish.

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat