Contact us

Home  
spacer
Viewed: 2020 -- Replies: 3
spacer
Posted FORUM TOPIC: quorn alternative
21-03-2006
by tony
just wondered if anyone has found any other nutritional equivilent to quorn. i just dont like the waxy texture when eating - yeuuk.
21-03-2006
by highlighter
I don't know anything that directly replaces it but you can get all the nutrients you need from other foods such as nuts, pulses, friut and veg etc. For me I find it depends on what quorn product you are using because if I use the quorn mince and use it in a sauce for pasta then my kids don't normally notice. Not sure how others feel about it.
26-08-2008
by clarabella
I use a textured soya protein. I get a huge bag from the health food shop and it lasts me absolutely ages and is very cheap. I find that quorn mince upsets my tum, so this is a good replacement. Instead of quorn sausages, I have Cauldrons which are good. You can get fake hotdogs too which are lovely, and are great to add to pasta dishes.
28-08-2008
by foodsforlife
Yeah it's the egg in it makes it chewy

Try stuff from the Redwoods range - it has more protein in it too.

You need to open an account or login before contributing to the Vegetarian Living Forum.

spacer
• Sourcing Vegetarian Foods   • Vegetarian Health   • Vegetarian Nutrition   • Organic Vegetarian
  • ALL FORUM TOPICS   • Vegetarian Recipes   • Vegetarian Eating Out   • Vegan Corner   • General Chat